Wildflowers of WA app released for Apple devices
- The Morcombe and Keighery eGuide to the Wildflowers of is now available for iphones and iPads, the culmination of more than 6 years of research, writing and development.
- It is the most richly detailed and accurate field guide to Western Australia’s rich and unique wildflowers, with a depth of information that will be used by professionals as well enthusiasts and tourists.
- Email to be notified when Android version is released
- Popular features include personal “bucket list” of flowers the user wants to find, that can be ticked off, plus a favourites list.
- The free version is full featured but does not show all flowers.
- Upgrade for A$25 via the app’s menu to get almost 1000 wildflowers with more being add.
- This is a big app sp please allow download time. Updates are quick as they only download changes.
- This app work without internet or mobile connections as full data is stored on devices
Each flower has multiple screens with images and information including names, genus details, where the flower occurs and tips for seeing it. You can get a quick overview, or delve into detailed technical information suitable for professional use.
Quickly narrow your search for a particular flower according to categories of color, flower shape, leaf type and leaf/stem structure.
Most flowers have multiple full size images showing the flower and plant from different perspectives.
Flowers fitting your search criteria are listed as thumbnails: tap to go to full details.